Monday, September 30, 2013

Kids and Teachers say and do the darndest things.

I keep trying to think of something to write, something to update you on, but nothing comes to mind (story of my life...).

Things have been going well, though. But the daily routine of things means not much new to share at the moment. I had my first observation by the district head of the foreign language department and it went really well, so that was a relief.

We're wrapping up the first quarter of the year in the next couple of weeks, which is strange and feels too fast, but good because at least so far, I'm on track with the topics.

There are good days and bad days, but all in all, I'm feeling pretty good and positive about the job still. And even when I have the bad days or have bad hours, I'm still positive about it all and happy to be doing what I'm doing.

I don't have any funny things to share, at least not off the top of my head, although lots of strange and funny things happen each day. The students ask the most random things and really try to pry into my personal life (like searching for me on Instagram and Twitter, which means I've deleted all social media except for this and my Facebook), which is interesting to get used to. I guess they're just curious who this strange person is that they spend 90 minutes with 2-5 times per week. They ask strange things (like if I'd ever go to a nude beach) and make me say strange things (like, please put your pants back on). Gotta love em...

But they make me be creative, in constantly trying to get and keep their attention and having to break down what is (in my mind) something already very simple. I say weird things and dance around to charade the German vocabulary so that they'll understand me. They keep me entertained and on my toes, too, which is probably why I'm so concerned with going to bed between 9 and 10 every night. If I'm tired, it's going to be rough! And as much as my kids always suggest and want nap time, it's never going to happen.

So, on that note, I'm off to shower and go to bed. This week is Spirit Week, which means we have silly things for each day. Today was Pajama Day, so I've been in my pajamas and slippers all day. I'll try to take a picture each day of what I'm wearing so you can see my "school spirit".

Tschüss!


1 comment:

  1. Pictures!!!!! I want to see them :) Please don't forget it on saturday :) :) :)
    Sending you a looooot of hugs and power and new, funny special days :)

    ReplyDelete