Sunday, May 3, 2015

The Final Countdown

It's May! This means that there are a significantly limited number of days until the last day of school. And while I most definitely have a countdown going until summer (no alarms for 6 am, an abundance of time to scrapbook, nights without hopeful bedtimes of 9pm [although I do love early bedtimes regardless of the time of year], and European travels with my brother and the Swiss wedding of my Eurobestie!), I still struggle a little with knowing that this is goodbye to several students I really enjoy teaching. Last year, I was sad knowing I wouldn't be teaching most of last year's students this year, but I knew I'd still see them around. This time, it's likely I won't just see them around next year. 

But I'm excited for next year. It's always hard at the end of the year to remember your excitement for the beginning of the year, since everything has piled up since the beginning of the current year and I'm more often annoyed or frustrated with students than not. But I know, after 2-ish months of summer, I'll feel refreshed and find my excitement again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment